Diabetes is a long-term disorder characterized by a raised level of glucose (or sugar) in the body.
- Your body uses sugar (glucose) for energy.
- Diabetes can affect the nerves in the heart.
- High glucose levels in the blood affect the walls arteries.
- Diabetes seems to act in several ways to damage the heart.
- Diabetes alone is considered a significant risk for coronary heart disease.
- Diabetes can affect the heart muscles itself making it a less efficient pump.
- Glucose comes from food, particularly starchy and sugary foods (called carbohydrates).
- Digestion breaks down the carbohydrates in your food info glucose which goes into your blood.
Therefore, diabetes is a killer disease; know your status today and save your life.